This morning Cody and I went to our favorite breakfast place, The Broken Egg! We always try to go on days I have off work since it is always busy. They have some awesome dishes and they also serve legit Irish Coffee and Bloody Marys. I’m not much of a drinker, so I just kept with my usual coffee. To switch it up a little bit Cody and I both decided to get something different then our usual dishes; I ordered the Meat Lovers Omelet & Cody ordered French Toast!
Today, I decided it was the perfect opportunity for a recovery day, since mother nature attacked my ovaries at 4am, I ended up falling back to sleep on the floor over a heating pad. Sorry for the disturbing information but it happens. After my three hour coma, I had the sudden urge to go to Michaels and get materials to make workout shirts! I will post a tutorial soon, so keep an eye out!
With my weakness of the produce section of the grocery store, I had so many veggies piling up in the fridge; I didn’t know what to do! I started thinking and thought roasted veggies sound amazing!
Here’s what you need:
- A variety of raw veggies ( I used mushrooms, asparagus, bell peppers & onions)
- Spices you desire (I love Italian seasoning, ranchero seasoning with celery salt!)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut up your veggies and place in a large bowl.
- Add Oil and Spices and using your hands mix on to the veggies
- Using a medium sheet of foil, add about 1- 1 1/2 cups of veggies in the middle.
- Fold the edges of the foil together, leaving space above the veggies.
- Place on the oven rack, and bake for about 25 minutes.
Easy as Pie! and delicious!
For the Sausage, I used low sodium kielbasa. Just slice it into small coins and saute them for about ten minutes until crispy!
Very easy and quick weeknight dinner!
(Hippo says he’s ready for me to go back to work :p)
I hope you all enjoy & have a wonderful week!