Due to my failed attempt at doing box jumps at 30 inches yesterday day afternoon, I wasn’t able to go to Crossfit. I am so proud of myself for being able to jump that high; I guess I got a little ahead of myself.
That being said, pay attention and focus on proper body placement and position. But I’m stronger today than I was yesterday for sure! Don’t feel bad for laughing at my video, no one is perfect! (plus I was laughing at myself)
Today I worked out at my own pace, a lot of core and cardio. I did some more box jumps as well but at 20 inches (do not want a repeat of yesterday). I burned about 400 calories! Overall, I had a pretty productive day!
Last night I did some night baking while Cody was streaming! I tried to make Paleo Cinnamon Rolls earlier in the day but unfortunately they turned out terrible. To get back on my game, I made Paleo Apple Banana Cookies! They turned out so well! Defiantly a great pre or post workout snack!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Apple; skin on
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Hazlenuts
- 1 Cup Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Pure Vanilla
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil; melted
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Vanilla Soy Protein)
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk (or until drizzle consistency)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, add the nuts and processor until small pieces and add to a medium size bowl.
- Also add Apple and Banana into food processor and pulse until banana is somewhat creamy. Add to bowl with nut mixture.
- Add coconut, vanilla, coconut oil and eggs into nut mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop or Tbsp, make little balls and flatten onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooled, drizzle protein mixture over top.
(recipe adapted from civilized caveman cooking)