Two days until my 5K Race! I’m so excited and nervous at the same time! I’ve been taking it easy on my usual workouts so my muscles have enough time to recover before Saturday.
I really don’t like wasting food, especially bananas since there are so many delicious things you can make from them. It’s storming tonight so since we can’t take Hippo for a walk because he refuses to be outside in the rain, I decided to make some Paleo muffins. These muffins turned out amazing! They are naturally sweetened and I really love how moist and delicious they are!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (I used coconut almond milk)
- 1/2 cup Ripe Banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Ripe Banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tbsp Stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line muffin pan
- In a medium size bowl, whisk coconut flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, mash banana and add eggs and almond milk and mix well.
- add wet ingredients into dry until smooth.
- fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full.
- For cinnamon topping, mix all together.
- using a fork, take a small amount and swirl on top of muffin batter.
Bake 18-23 minutes, or until toothpick is clean. Let cool for five minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Yields 10-12 Muffins.
Caloric Info: 1 serving; 68 calories, 3.2 g fat, 3.2g protein
These are perfect for snacks!
recipe adapted from Multiply Delicious