I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! This is a little late but this recipe is perfect through out the year!
Yesterday, Cody and I decided stay home and spend some quality time together. I made Red, White & Blueberry Paleo Muffins and put together some lovely veggie and fruit kabobs and Cody grilled some hot dogs for us (turkey dogs for me!)
The dogs played in the yard while we sat outside enjoying the beautiful weather. Since a tropical storm warning was still in affect, the city rescheduled the fireworks to this evening! After dinner we put in Man of Steel (which is a really good movie) and I iced my shins. Shin splints are no joke!
Now for the Recipe!
I am a huge fan of anything coconut!
So technically, these muffins could be called Berry Coconut Muffins!
I absolutely love coconut flour! The flavor, the texture, the smell!! It adds something a little extra to baking! These muffins are very rich and also high in fiber! With only 114 calories, they’re perfect for snacks or pre/post workout snacks!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 cup Coconut Almond Milk (unsweetened) or Regular
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries (cut into small chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flours, baking soda, salt in a smaller bowl.
- In a large bowl beat eggs first, then add Stevia, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla and almond milk.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, the consistency will be thicker, that of cookie dough. If too thick, add 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir in blueberries and strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups about half way or 2 1/2 tbsp.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
If desired, Mix almond milk and vanilla protein powder to a drizzle form to add to these little lovelies!