It’s the day of my dad’s surgery and we are all patiently waiting for when he gets to come home! My mom is staying with him in Cleveland while the boys and myself wait at home. We are all anxious to see him! His surgery went well and now we are just waiting for him to wake up; I know he will be in pain and it hurts to see him like that. But I am so thankful that I’m here.
This morning I drank my coffee on the front porch looking at the trees at the top of the mountain. I love it out here, it’s so relaxing. I suppose I appreciate it more than most since I never get to spend that much time at home.
Later on, I decided to run at the high school down the street since they have a clear path around the football field. I only ran a mile before it started to down pour. But thankful we have weights back at the house! This whole day has been full of thunderstorms and lightening; I’ve been avoiding going outside, so I cleaned up the house and did some baking or lack of!!
I made No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars!! They are very simple and easy to make! I’m very satisfied about how these turned out! And I love chocolate and peanut butter!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cups Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Powdered Peanut Butter (I used PB2)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 sheets graham crackers (I used 2 Belvita breakfast biscuits)
1. Combine peanut butter, PB2, vanilla protein powder, almond milk & vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth.
2. Grease an 8×8 Pan and evenly spread peanut butter mix; set aside.
3. In a microwave safe dish, add chocolate chips and coconut oil and melt using 15 second intervals. Add vanilla
4. Pour chocolate mix over peanut butter mix to cover evenly.
5. sprinkle breakfast biscuits or graham crackers on top.
6. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours; cut and serve!
Recipe Adapted from Live Fit
What are your favorite No Bake Recipes?! Share them below!!