After my Re-enlistment, I spent the weekend with Cody and My sister Mary. I took some time off to come home to New Matamoras, Ohio to visit for a while and spend time with my family. My dad gets surgery this Wednesday, so its important for me to be here during that.
Since Cody has some appointments he can’t miss during this time, he wasn’t able to join me. He’s holding down the fort with Hippo while I’m in Ohio for the week. The night before, I decided to make him some peanut butter cookies. And when I say cookies, I mean like over 2 dozen!! So they should last him for the week!! If you love peanut butter, these cookies are for you!!
I found this recipe on Sally’s Baking Addiction; She has so many wonderful recipes and healthy options as well!! Check it out and let me know what’s your favorite recipe!!
Here’s what You’ll need:
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not over mix. Fold in the peanuts, peanut butter cups, and peanut butter chips. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Remover dough from the refrigerator. Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes so you can easily roll it. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheet or silpat. Gently press down to slightly flatten. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy! Cookies stay fresh stored covered at room temperature for up to 7 days.
These cookies turned out amazing! Warning: They’re addictive!! Cody just loved them! I wouldn’t be surprised if they were gone by the time I get home!
For dinner that night, we decided to take Mary to our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Loro! I always love the Fajita Taco Salad and Cody loves the Chicken Chimichungas!
We had a lot of fun!! Since this was the last night Mary would be in town before we headed up to Ohio in the morning, Cody and I wanted to show her around. Due to the weather, it wasn’t a beach kind of day.
Now it was time to get ready for this long trip to Ohio at 5 am!