Happy Sunday Runday & Happy Father’s Day!
I woke up this morning and knocked out three miles on my morning run. I’ve been having pain in my ankle lately, so I’ve trying to take it easy. It worries me sometimes because I don’t know what I’d do if I couldn’t run. After my run, I snuggled with Hippo on the couch and decided to make some energy bars since I’m running a little low. So I made these little darlings!!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup Dried Apricots
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate (chopped) (I used 90% cocoa)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (Organic)
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Pecans (halved)
- 6 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a food Processor, blend Apricots, cranberries and pecans together.
3. In a small bowl, Add flax seed and water and set a side for a least 5 minutes. Then add vanilla and mix well.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine apricot mix, coconut, dark chocolate, Flax seed mix, salt and mix with a fork until well combined.
5. Line an 8×8 pan with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray to avoid sticking.
6. Press mixture into the pan with a fork.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing and cutting.
**Optional: Using 3 tablespoons of vanilla protein powder, mix 1 tbsp unsweetened almond mix to create a drizzle for the the top of the bars after they have cooled.
Send me a comment and let me know how yours turned out!!
Coming to the Close of the Weekend.
After my exciting morning of baking and cleaning, I made myself a nice colorful salad and did a little more research on using WordPress! Then out of no where, I fell asleep and woke up three hours later!
I whispered to Cody that I wanted Frozen Yogurt, so after I ate my dinner we adventured to Sweet Frog!! It was just perfect! I put strawberries, pineapple and white chocolate chips on mine and Cody’s had a lot of peanut butter and cookie dough!
Overall, this weekend has been calm and relaxing!
I hope everyone has a great week!
Share the Love!!