I love quinoa, and I usually just serve it with dinner and lunch.
Quinoa is defiantly a power food! It has a lot of protein and fiber packed into one serving! It also taste very good so, I wanted to make it differently, on the other end of the flavor spectrum. This recipe is super easy to make; all you really need is time!!
For more benefits of quinoa, click here!
1 Cup uncooked Quinoa
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
2 Cups of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/4 Cup of Honey or Stevia
1/3 Cup of Pecans (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Mix Quinoa and Spices in a small bowl and pour into an 8×8 greased baking pan.
3. Sprinkle Blueberries and pecans over quinoa mix.
4. Mash Bananas in a bowl and beat together with almond milk & honey.
5. Pour banana mixture over quinoa and shake pan slightly, so quinoa is submerged.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until bake sets.
Yields about 9 servings.
I cut mine into little squares and used a spatula to serve them!
This little dish is so moist and yummy! I could probably eat it all day long!
This recipe adapted from PopSugar