My job allows us for three pt (physical training) days a week! So since it’s Tuesday, I got to workout first thing this morning! I hopped and the treadmill and knocked out a few miles!
I made a lot of progress last month with my running! I am so proud of myself! Now for more goal setting! I have map my run on my phone and I love how well it tracks my runs and workouts!! Plus you get this little workout summary in your email every month!
Today, I wore myself out a little bit, because by lunch time I was tired and grumpy.
My job requires me to move around frequently throughout the day, since I strive to progress in my workouts, I pushed myself. Which is awesome! However, I forgot about how the rest of the day would go.
I decided to take some quiet time in the office which defiantly helped my mood. I finished up my homework, drank some water & ate my snack!
Once I got off work, I stopped by the store to pick up ingredients for Quinoa Stuffed Peppers!!
I’ve been wanting to make them for a while and I figure it would be the perfect time to do it, since cooking is one of my favorite things to do. It’s relaxing and fun!
I used this recipe by
You will Need:
3 large yellow peppers
1.25lb extra lean ground turkey
1 C diced mushrooms
1/4 C diced sweet onion
1 C chopped fresh spinach
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 C (1 8oz can) tomato sauce
1 C chicken broth
1 C dry quinoa
*optional – cheese of choice.
- In a small saucepan, start the quinoa and cook according to package directions (usually about 15 minutes).
- While the quinoa cooks, saute the vegetables in a pan with a little butter or olive oil.
- Then after about 5 minutes or so, add the ground turkey and garlic to the vegetables. Cook over medium heat. Once the turkey is mostly cooked though, add in the tomato sauce and about half of the chicken broth. Let simmer until the turkey is fully cooked and some of the excess liquid has cooked off.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- While the turkey mixture simmers, prep your bell peppers. Wash the peppers, cut them in half, and remove the stem & seeds. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and place the cut bell peppers in the pan (open side up).
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, dump it into the pan with the turkey & vegetables. Stir together. Then, stuff each bell pepper with the mixture. Make sure they are nice & full! If you’re opting for cheese, then top with just enough cheese to barely cover the mixture (if you put too much on, it will get super messy in the oven!). Pour the rest of the chicken broth into the base of the pan (so around the peppers, not over them).
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 for about 30-35 minutes. Serve warm & eat up!
They are so delicious! I could eat these peppers all day long! Thankfully, we have leftovers!