I spent most of the morning thinking of a recipe and doing a little research. I managed to come across some protein bars! For my morning snack I ate a Carrot Cake Luna Bar and I am in love, so I decided to try to make my own! They turned out beautifully!
2 Ripe Bananas
1 Large Egg
1/4 C. Honey
1/4 C. Almond Milk
1/2 C. Vanilla Protein Powder (I got mine from Health Foods)
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 C. Almond Flour
1/2 C. Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 C. Ground Flaxseed
2 Tsp Chia Seeds
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
Pinch of Ground Cloves
3/4 C. Shredded Carrots
1/4 C. Dried Cranberries
1. Mash bananas in a medium bowl. Add Egg, Honey, Almond Milk, Vanilla. Mix well & set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk together.
3. Add Wet mixture to dry. Mix well.
4. Stir in carrots and cranberries.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let mixture sit in pan until oven is ready and bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
7. Allow ten minutes to cool before removing from pan or cutting. (I found it easier to cut them in the pan and remove them with a spatula).
Once they’re done, you can wrap them individually or store them in an air tight container. Wait until they’re completely cool before wrapping or they’ll stick together.